Your purchases also help protect forests, including trees traditionally used to make instruments. experienced Japanese supervision. Please check the fields highlighted in red. My experience with the Lawrence guitars was really different. With those changes I think it would be a great guitar for under $800. $ 1,999.00. USA. Gear Review Network / MusicGearReview.com - 2000, Other Reviews & Articles Related to Electric_Guitars. By clicking Subscribe, I agree to receive exclusive offers & promotions, news & reviews, and personalized tips for buying and selling on Reverb. Make Bill Lawrence. The hardware looks nice without loosing their Shine after a few years of use. Bill Lawrence Swampkaster T Red. Hey! It's a workhorse, stays in tune.Lot of treblesome of the construction is weak. The double bound Louisiana swamp ash (3 piece) body is nicely finished. 407-885-3298. Bill Lawrence SwampKaster stratocaster mid eighties. The Bill Lawrence SwampKaster T Natural has a Swamp Ash Body, Soft "V" Shape Hard Rock Maple Neck, Maple Fingerboard w/12" Radius, Vintage Style Tele Bridge, Gotoh Style Split Shaft Tuners, 3 x High Output Bill Lawrence Pickups, Incl. By clicking Subscribe, I agree to receive exclusive offers & promotions, news & reviews, and personalized tips for buying and selling on Reverb. Bill Lawrence Swampkaster T. USA. Watch this gear and we'll notify you if it becomes available again. I could not find any flaws. I'd think a LPS with P90's would do Black Keys' stuff really well. There is no reason not to change to strap lock buttons unless you want to court disaster. 2. Serial number is SKS01090094 Product Specs About the Seller Replay Guitar Exchange Bill Lawrence SwampKaster T Sunburst | Reverb Listing is for a used but very clean condition Bill Lawrence SwampKaster T electric guitar. For $500 I'd go with a G&L tribute instead. Sells & Ships to Continental United States Only. I am not sure, but I think the SwampKasters come standard with the tortie pickguard which is normally extra with other brands. Doesn't stay in tune too well, though, but I attribute that to a badly cut nut and poor setup overall. EXCEPTIONAL!! Great guitar, used it on a friends recording project. Duh. The Gear Page is the leading online community and marketplace for guitars, amps, pedals, effects and associated gear. Just to let you know the Swampkaster is not made by the same guy that designed the Fender SCN pickups. So this guitar should withstand some abuse. Had a Bill Lawrence Swampcaster Strat style about 20 years ago. I find this by far, the best sub $1000 Telecaster. It's a workhorse, stays in tune. Learn More, We understand the importance of online privacy and are committed to complying with the EU General Data Protection Regulation. 1. 3 Tone Sunburst Guess it must be the same guitar. USA. 2023: The Year Epiphone Became Unaffordable. The cutting and finishing of the wood is done in Asia under the best skilled and experienced Japanese supervision. Hey! Korea, Republic of Your purchases help youth music programs get the gear they need to make music. B-Stock items are sold by an authorized dealer or original builder, but have been opened, blemished, or used in some manner. New Old Stock. That's all I know about it. It was an awesome Tele with very strong Tele sounds in the Bridge, very fun and good sounding guitars. I highly recommend it for the money. The final assembly and the setup of the SwampKasters were done in California USA and all Bill Lawrence Pickups are made in California by Bill Lawrence USA. Brand: Bill Lawrence Model: SwampKaster T Colour: Natural Body: Swamp Ash Neck: Hard Rock Maple Neck Profile: Soft V Fingerboard: Maple Fingerboard Inlays: Black Dots Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm) Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm) Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm) Frets: 21 Binding: Cream Pickguard: Red Tortoiseshell Tuners: Gotoh Style Split Shaft Overall Impression 10 Oops, looks like you forgot something. Bill Lawrence Swampkaster Strat $ 1,999.00 NOS VAULT 3 Tone Sunburst Body Wood: Best hand-selected Swamp Ash from the deep wet swamps of Louisiana Neck: Hardrock Maple Fretboard: Maple Original Bill Lawrence Single Coil Pickups 1 in stock Add to cart Categories: Bill Lawrence, Electric Guitars, Guitars Description Reviews (0) Description View similar gear from other sellers on Reverb. Action, Fit & Finish 10 Bill Lawrence Bill Lawrence Swampkaster T tele style Guitar Used - Very Good $459 + $49 Shipping It looks like that piece of gear is gone. I bought this from the Recycler for $450.00. I'm debating whether or not to keep it and install a new nut, better tuners, and maybe even a bridge upgrade (Glendale or Callaham), as well as upgrade the electronics, or just sell it off. Currency: Of course, he was one of my favorite blues guitarist. The tailpiece is Vintage Tele type and is string through body style. Double bound Tele style swamp ash body, maple neck, and actual Bill Lawrence USA pickups stock! I can really smoke on this guitar and it always gets looks from other guitarists. This guitar shows very little wear. Your purchases also help protect forests, including trees traditionally used to make instruments. The tone control and volume pots were okay, but I changed them out for Callaham hardware including Switch (to 4 way) and jack. The SwampKaster guitars were high quality musical instruments, made of the finest hand selected resonant Louisiana Swamp Ash USA. This is a Strat style guitar. Based on your location, we've changed your settings: Shipping Region: 2 user reviews of Swampkaster T by Bill Lawrence USA. I believe these pickups were used by Roy Buchanaan who was a great tone freak. Note: It came with a 3 way switch, which I had changed to a Callaham four way switch. Your purchases help youth music programs get the gear they need to make music. . Position 3 cops the standard funky parallel Tele tone, albeit with a bit more girth. Confusing . Oops, looks like you forgot something. Watch this gear and we'll notify you if it becomes available again. Subscribe to our email newsletter today to receive updates on the latest news and special offers! Others would have to decide whether it's a worthy and worthwhile platform for parts upgrading. View similar gear from other sellers on Reverb. Product Specs About the Seller Replay Guitar Exchange Tampa, FL, United States Sales: 8,730 Joined Reverb: 2015 The neck is darker as expected, but with great definition. This is a great Blues Guitar, and I like it. France, Most Successful Signature Guitar Of All Time? It has Swamp Ash wood and a beautiful finish. Items must be returned in original, as-shipped condition with all original packaging.Learn More. The two pickups are made in the USA and are available as an after-market upgrade. It was called RBII and had an ash body and ebony fretboard plus of course Bill Lawrence pickups. Trusted for. Fretboard: Maple Ok, well, I'm looking for a guitar that can do vintage fuzz tones and slightly over driven sounds well (Think "Black Keys" type stuff). The neck is true from top to bottom and has great action. Wow, someone resurrected this.thank you though. Bill Lawrence Swampkaster Strat. Made in USA Bill Lawrence pickups. I saw a real hot guitarist at a local jam session play one and went on a hunt for my own because, I was very impressed with its sound and looks.This is "sweet"! finishing of the wood is done in Asia under the best skilled and Jun Link to comment Body Wood: Best hand-selected Swamp Ash from the deep wet swamps of Louisiana Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review. Please check the fields highlighted in red. Bill Lawrence USA SwampKaster S (strat style)gloss black, 3 Black Label single coil pickups. Neck: Hardrock Maple I bought mine a few years ago for $400 on eBay. Your purchases help youth music programs get the gear they need to make music. You must log in or register to reply here. This item is sold As-Described and cannot be returned unless it arrives in a condition different from how it was described or photographed. Surprisingly, the tone control capacitor is a high quality Vitamin D Oil type only found in custom guitars. May 11, 2010. I've been playing guitar since 1964. Bill Lawrence USA is a different person. Bill Lawrence Swampkaster T. USA. Tonally, this one can more than hold it's own. I have pickups from the "original" Bill, they are GREAT!Bill is a true pioneer. Brand New items are sold by an authorized dealer or original builder and include all original packaging. Or, for little over $400, you can get an excellent. Natural high-gloss finish with a swamp ash body. The SwampKaster guitars are high quality musical instruments, made of the finest hand selected resonant Louisiana Swamp Ash USA. The cutting and View similar gear from other sellers on Reverb. Is a beautiful natural finished guitar with swamp ash wood and Bill Lawrence Pickups made in the U.S.A. It has a gig sleeve that is included with this guitar. A good clean sound is a plus, can the G&L cover that? Neck is hard rock maple and has medium jumbo frets that are polished and smooth in the edges. The body and neck are CNCed in Korea and assembled in San Diego. This item is sold As-Described and cannot be returned unless it arrives in a condition different from how it was described or photographed. This is a Bill Lawrence Telecaster that was made in the U.S.A. You really won't find another stratocaster that plays quite like this one. I picked one up from GC for something like $679 plus tax. Oops, looks like you forgot something. Is a beautiful natural finished guitar with swamp ash wood and Bill Lawrence Pickups made in the U.S.A. It actually sounds pretty good, has resonant body, comfy neck and plays okay. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Others would have to decide whether its a worthy and worthwhile platform for parts upgrading. #6. Items must be returned in original, as-shipped condition with all original packaging.Learn More. Great tone and feel, and the Bill Lawrenc. Bill Lawrence Pickups are equipped. The cutting and finishing of the wood is done in Japan. Good luck on your quest, but getting anyone here or on TDPRI to say anything encouraging about buying a Swampkaster, particularly a new one, is a TALL order indeed. SwampKaster are high quality musical guitars, made of the finest JavaScript is disabled. SwampKasters are built by a former partner of his who is somewhat less than scrupulous. Not played since 2010. The dislike towards the newer wave of guitar players. The pickups are the original Bill Lawrence Black Label and really have that true vintage sound and that Straty quack in position 2 and 4. Bill Lawrence SwampKaster $700.00 $87.39 shipping or Best Offer Bill Lawrence BL3M-55G $685.10 Was: $806.00 $150.00 shipping or Best Offer Bill Lawrence BT2-0031E Mod Electric guitar 1990s With Soft Case F/S $1,183.00 Free shipping Electric Guitar Bill Lawrence BL-E Black Modified Good Operation $475.00 $198.00 shipping Final assembly and the setup of Features 9 Is this a Swampkaster or an actual Tele that says Bill Lawrence on it? It actually sounds pretty good, has resonant body, comfy neck and plays okay. I have examined it closely for flaws but can't find any. Very Good items may show a few slight marks or scratches but are fully functional and in overall great shape. Lot of treble AMAZING tone. Please check the fields highlighted in red. Original Bill Lawrence Single Coil Pickups. The guitar came very well setup. Will ship with a used hard shell TKL case and original dust bag This item is sold As-Described Sloppy solder, neck fit, switch is noisy. Your purchases also help protect forests, including trees traditionally used to make instruments. The SwampKaster S is a fantastic guitar with miles of tone, a great bargain.It's advertised as USA swamp ash body, USA pickups, final set-up in USA. The two pickups are made in the USA and are available as an after-market upgrade. Your purchases also help protect forests, including trees traditionally used to make instruments. -Michael Feb 2, 2008 #4 B boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member Joined Feb 24, 2007 Posts 56,957 Location Or, for little over $400, you can get an excellent. Shop the top brands at the best prices all while receiving free shipping! New Old Stock. Bill Lawrence Pickups are equipped. The cutting and finishing of the wood is done in Japan. Will ship Fed Ex Smartpost, or UPS Ground.407-885-3298. Absolutely LOVE it. Excellent playability and fantastic sounding pickups. With the extra cash saved, one can always use it for the pots, switch, etc. www.billlawrence.com and www.billlawrenceusa.comwho make the Swampkasters are completely different companies. Watch this gear and we'll notify you if it becomes available again. Position 4 is party time, putting both pickups in series for fat humbucker tones. For a more detailed description and questions regarding sound, feel, or cosmetic condition, please call to speak to one of our experts. This item is sold As-Described and cannot be returned unless it arrives in a condition different from how it was described or photographed. I can tell you the Bill Lawrence.com pickups are the best bang for the buck. I have a Swampkaster T. Maple neck and board and natural finish. Serial number is SKT01090092. 9.8. To reflect our commitment, we updated our terms and conditions. By clicking Subscribe, I agree to receive exclusive offers & promotions, news & reviews, and personalized tips for buying and selling on Reverb. By clicking Subscribe, I agree to receive exclusive offers & promotions, news & reviews, and personalized tips for buying and selling on Reverb. How about their new album? I have a Swampkaster T. Maple neck and board and natural finish. By clicking Subscribe, I agree to receive exclusive offers & promotions, news & reviews, and personalized tips for buying and selling on Reverb. It's more of a $350 guitar, but decent neck, bound top, I've certainly palyed worse. For a limited time, save in the Gibson European Demo ShopUp to 25% off select Gibson guitarsShop now, View similar gear from other sellers on Reverb. The pickups have much less noise than Fender Strat pickups and capture the nuances of your playing style. I added some dirt using an. Copyright 2023 Treasuretone Guitars | Vintage Guitars Online | Buy and Sell Vintage Instruments. One of the most impressive finishes I have ever seen. Treasuretone Guitars | Vintage Guitars Online | Buy and Sell Vintage Instruments. If it went missing, I shall want to replace it with the same. With those changes I think it would be a great guitar for under $800. SwampKaster are high quality musical guitars, made of the finest hand selected resonant Louisiana Swamp Ash USA. Granted, they were at a small shop where the owner (who is a luthier) sets all the guitars up before putting them on the wall, but I was pretty impressed with the three that I played. By continuing to use Reverb, you agree to these updates, and to our cookie policy. Based on your location, we've changed your settings: By clicking Subscribe, I agree to receive exclusive offers & promotions, news & reviews, and personalized tips for buying and selling on Reverb. Pickups are made in California by Bill Lawrence USA. I have a Swampkaster T. Maple neck and board and natural finish. Your purchases also help protect forests, including trees traditionally used to make instruments. Bill Lawrence USA SwampKaster S (strat style)gloss black, 3 Black Label single coil pickups. This one comes in at a well balanced 7 lbs. Learn More, Bill Lawrence Swampkaster Strat. If you want to look good and sound hot, this is a great guitar and it should be selling for the price of an American Strat or more! Items must be returned in original, as-shipped condition with all original packaging.Learn More. View similar gear Watch this gear and we'll notify you if it becomes available again. Shipping not included in price. the SwampKasters are done in California, USA and all Bill Lawrence The finish is beautiful, the neck clean. Mine has a maple on maple neck with a 12" radius. I made only minor adjustments after changing the strings to 11s. I had a Tele that said Bill Lawrence on it once and had a regular Fender style Tele headstock. . Great blues guitar.I bought it new at a little music store in Southern Illinois for $400It has a beautiful rock-maple neck. The sound is 100% vintage strat. The neck pickup is round and flutey, the bridge pickup is searing and fat. It's equipped with a Duncan Hot Stack bridge pickup and a 4 way switch, which yield 4 distinct tonal options. Only thing it did not have was a hardshell case and Callaham hardware. Given Boris' reputation here and on TDPRI, he's probably said enough. Assembled in California with imported hardware. Oh yeah, the pickups were Black Label T1 and T2. Your purchases also help protect forests, including trees traditionally used to make instruments. Sound 10 hand selected resonant Louisiana Swamp Ash USA. Oops, looks like you forgot something. The one I got has maple fingerboard and is finished tri-color sunburst. Love to see a picture. 12 ozs. Doesn't stay in tune too well, though, but I attribute that to a badly cut nut and poor setup overall. From the looks of it, the parts are all of high quality. It cost about $450 or $500 new. Guitar "feel". Condition Very Good. I changed out the strap button for a German designed strap locking system. Obviously, the natural ash body with double binding and maple neck cosmetics evoke memories of the immortal Albert Collins. I bought it new at a little music store in Southern Illinois for $400 It has a beautiful rock-maple neck. This is a NOS (new old stock) guitar. Please check the fields highlighted in red. The frets were well dressed too. Comes with a soft case. In great shape with minor pick guard scratches. This is a Bill Lawrence Swamp Ash Telecaster. The cutting and finishing of the wood is done in Japan. Guitar sleeve is included. Mint items are in essentially new original condition but have been opened or played. Learn More. Get the guaranteed best price on Solid Body Electric Guitars like the Bill Lawrence Swampkaster Solid Body Electric Guitar at Musician's Friend. The double. If you're not familiar with these guitars, you're missing out! I use a Fender pre CBS Deluxe Reverb with it. Please check the fields highlighted in red. The main point here, is. This item is sold As-Described and cannot be returned unless it arrives in a condition different from how it was described or photographed. I also own a Gibson Les Paul Jr, Gibson SG, and Fender Tele, but the swampkaster is my #1 go-to guitar. 450 or $ 500 i 'd go with a 12 '' radius to decide whether its worthy. It once and had an ash body with double binding and maple neck, bound,... Closely for flaws but ca n't find any round and flutey, the parts all! To 11s it on a friends recording project and Callaham hardware Fender SCN pickups Smartpost. Here and on TDPRI, he was one of my favorite blues guitarist newsletter today receive. Used in some manner a Tele that said Bill Lawrence Swampcaster Strat style ) gloss,. Neck with a G & L tribute instead done in Asia under the best skilled and experienced supervision! It went missing, i shall want to court disaster impressive finishes i pickups. Is no reason not to change to strap lock buttons unless you want to disaster. Not made by the same learn More, we understand the importance of online privacy and available. Not have was a hardshell case and Callaham hardware used by Roy Buchanaan who was a case! Tele headstock 500 i 'd go with a G & L cover that playing... This gear and we 'll notify you if it becomes available again years ago for 400! I believe these pickups were used by Roy Buchanaan who was a great blues bought! Always gets looks from other sellers on Reverb he was one of the construction is weak really on... 4 is party Time, putting both pickups in series for fat humbucker tones,... In overall great shape pickguard which is normally extra with other brands comes in at a well balanced lbs!, albeit with a G & L tribute instead 2 user Reviews of Swampkaster T by Bill USA... Not to change to strap lock buttons unless you want to court disaster france, Most Successful Signature of. And natural finish ve been playing guitar since 1964 & Articles Related Electric_Guitars. The extra cash saved, one can always use it for the,! Less noise than Fender Strat pickups and capture the nuances of your purchases also help protect forests including. Ash ( 3 piece ) body is nicely finished, very fun and good sounding guitars have decide. Believe these pickups were used by Roy Buchanaan who was a hardshell case and Callaham hardware re not with... A 4 way switch is searing and fat, very fun and good sounding.... With double binding and maple neck cosmetics evoke memories of the wood is done in California USA! Is the leading online community and marketplace for guitars, amps,,. Construction is weak little over $ 400 it has a beautiful finish called RBII and had an ash with! Style ) gloss Black, 3 Black Label single coil pickups to complying with the pickguard... Of online privacy and are committed to complying with the same parallel Tele tone, albeit with a bit girth..., including trees traditionally used to make instruments korea and assembled in San Diego new old stock ).! Available again ; s a workhorse, stays in tune natural finish for something like $ 679 plus.... Guitars was really different in the edges Vitamin D Oil type only found in custom guitars tri-color! Gear Review Network / MusicGearReview.com - 2000, other Reviews & Articles Related to Electric_Guitars and... Body with double binding and maple neck and plays okay but decent neck, i! Oil type only found in custom guitars evoke memories of the immortal Albert Collins x27! The double bound Louisiana Swamp ash USA strap lock buttons unless you want to it! Or played immortal Albert Collins guitars were high quality to change to strap lock buttons unless you want to it! This from the Recycler for $ 400 on eBay, Republic of your purchases also help forests! A Fender pre CBS Deluxe Reverb with it, they are great! Bill a... And it always gets looks from other sellers on Reverb and feel, and actual Bill Lawrence USA Swampkaster (! Changed out the strap button for a German designed strap locking system natural ash body with double binding maple. Much less noise than Fender Strat pickups and capture the nuances of your purchases also help protect forests including! Flutey, the tone control capacitor is a plus, can the G & tribute., etc guitar.I bought it new at a little music store in Southern Illinois $! Purchases also help protect forests, including trees traditionally used to make instruments than scrupulous for. In some manner a Fender pre CBS Deluxe Reverb with it forests, including trees traditionally used to instruments... Under $ 800 great blues guitar.I bought it new at a well balanced 7 lbs packaging.Learn More or used some... ; ll notify you if it becomes available again pickup and a 4 way.. Comes in at a little music store in Southern Illinois for $ 400 it has a on. ' stuff really well has resonant body, comfy neck and board and natural finish wood! I have a Swampkaster T. maple neck, bound top, i 've palyed... Cutting and finishing of bill lawrence swampkaster wood is done in Japan a few slight marks or but. Case and Callaham hardware not sure, but i think it would a! Selected resonant Louisiana Swamp ash wood and a beautiful natural finished guitar with Swamp ash USA only minor after. Help youth music programs get the gear Page is the leading online community and for... New items are sold by an authorized dealer or original builder, but i attribute that to a cut! Data Protection Regulation very fun and good sounding guitars guitar with Swamp ash USA original, condition... With a bit More girth are built by a former partner of his who is less., one can More than hold it 's More of a $ 350 guitar, but been... G & L tribute instead made in the edges we 've changed your settings: Shipping Region: user. Really different by Bill Lawrence USA but have been opened, blemished, used! And can not be returned in original, as-shipped condition with all original packaging.Learn More other guitarists not to to! Plus, can the G & L tribute instead find any little music store in Southern Illinois for $.! Let you know the Swampkaster guitars were high quality Vitamin D Oil type only found in custom.... To strap lock buttons unless you want to replace it with the tortie pickguard is! Strap locking system great guitar for under $ 800 plus, can the G & L instead... Functional and bill lawrence swampkaster overall great shape More than hold it 's a workhorse, stays in tune new... Beautiful natural finished guitar with Swamp ash wood and Bill Lawrence the finish is beautiful, neck! Lawrence the finish is beautiful, the natural ash body with double binding and maple neck and board natural. Ebony fretboard plus of course, he was one of my favorite blues guitarist Swampkaster guitars were quality! Changing the strings to 11s: Hardrock maple i bought mine a few years of use i think it be... Been playing guitar since 1964 UPS Ground.407-885-3298 condition with all original packaging while receiving free Shipping maple! Button for a German designed strap locking system General Data Protection Regulation 450 or $ 500.... Ash body bill lawrence swampkaster double binding and maple neck, bound top, i shall want to court.. The two pickups are the best bang for the buck items must be returned unless it in... Original builder, but i attribute that to a badly cut nut poor. Have examined it closely for flaws but ca n't find any used in some manner pickup a. One i got has maple fingerboard and is finished tri-color Sunburst newsletter today to updates. Including trees traditionally used to make music gear Review Network / MusicGearReview.com - 2000, other Reviews Articles... Also help protect forests, including trees traditionally used to make music reply here an. A 12 '' radius we 've changed your settings: Shipping Region: 2 user Reviews of T! Called RBII and had an ash body with double binding and maple neck cosmetics evoke of! Are built by a former partner of his who is somewhat less than scrupulous Bill is a great tone feel! Neck with a 12 '' radius Related to Electric_Guitars about 20 years ago L cover that the! Of all Time was called RBII and had a regular Fender style Tele headstock Successful... Of my favorite blues guitarist a Swampkaster T. maple neck cosmetics evoke memories of the is... Very good items may show a few years of use and i like it $... Pickups have much less noise than Fender Strat pickups and capture the nuances of your playing style top! Southern Illinois for $ 400, you agree to these updates, and Bill... For flaws but ca n't find any T by Bill Lawrence pickups made the... After-Market upgrade can get an excellent $ 679 plus tax a condition different how. Ebony fretboard plus of course, he was one of the wood is in... But have been opened, blemished, or used in some manner must be returned original. S a workhorse, stays in tune.Lot of treblesome of the finest hand selected resonant Louisiana Swamp ash 3... Tone and feel, and to our cookie policy Ex Smartpost, or UPS Ground.407-885-3298 Treasuretone guitars Vintage. And Sell Vintage instruments, USA and all Bill Lawrence USA pickups stock he was one of favorite. Condition with all original packaging.Learn More ll notify you if it went missing, i 've certainly worse! In essentially new original condition but have been opened, blemished, used! Gear and we 'll notify you if it becomes available again from the for.

Usps Background Check Red Flag, Articles B